cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Cisco Call Manager" process will not start

MICHAEL CICCONE
Level 1
Level 1

I'm going through the process to upgrade from 7.1.3 to 9.1.2.  I have my Temp VM Servers installed with Call Manager 7.1.3.  After I restored my DB to these servers and rebooted the servers (Pub and Subs) the  "Cisco Call Manager" process will not start.  When I try to start it it says "starting" but then does not.  Is this is anything I need to worry about?  Since these are not the real servers and will only be used for the upgrade to 9.1.2.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could be many things.  Did you follow the Jump Upgrade Documentation.  In there is reference to a "jump upgrade refresh upgrade cop file" was that applied? Rgs ashish

Response Signature

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Don't worry about that. Pls note, CUCM supports virtualization only from version 8.0.2 onwards but as an exception ( as part of Drive to Nine ) BU allowed to install CUCM 6.x & 7.x ( selected versions from these releases ) to be virtualized but only for the purpose of upgrading. So we should not even try running CUCM services, just use it for upgrade. Services would automatically start running after you switch partition for 9.1.2.

Do refer Jump Upgrade documentation for complete procedure & feel free to ask here in case of any further queries. You could also avail complementary ( free ) support service from PDI Helpdesk. A case must be opened from www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Cheers !!

GP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: