cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Qustions about voicemail relay with unityconnection.

nivanak
Level 1
Level 1

after taking voice mail with unityconnection , can i get E-mail  as wav attachment ?

i saw manual about voicemail relay.  what is smart host ip  from SMTP configuration ?

URL of Manual is http://www.netcraftsmen.net/component/content/article/70-unified-communications/695-voicemail-only-voicemail-relay-and-integrated-messaging-options-with-unity-connection.html

help me.plz

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It could (and usually is) the email server...however, you will need to check with the folks that administer the email system to ensure that the server can/is configured to perform SMTP relay.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

I think you are confusing features here a bit. The ViewMail client is only relevant if you are using IMAP or the Single Inbox feature to access messages from an email client. If you are relaying the message then you are sending the message (or a copy) to another email address. If you want MWI to be synchronized between the email client and Unity Connection, then you have to use IMAP or Single Inbox.

Hailey

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bill already explains that's the SMTP relay server you have to configure,

System Settings>SMTP Configuration>Smart Host .   Enter the IP address or host name of your SMTP relay server and click Save

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

In follow-up, the Smart Host is another way of saying "SMTP Relay".  In other words, you need an email server in your organization that is configured to perform SMTP relay.  In this case, you'd need to accept relay requests from the Unity Connection server and also allow the SMTP relay host to relay the message to another SMTP domain.

Hailey

thanks.

do u mean SMTP relay host is our E-mail server ip address ?

It could (and usually is) the email server...however, you will need to check with the folks that administer the email system to ensure that the server can/is configured to perform SMTP relay.

Hailey

thank for ur answer

can i use the view mail fuction to take E-mai with wav file instead of  SMTP relay ?

if view mail is easy to install , i will try it .

which do u recommend  view mail or SMTP relay ?

I uses the Visual Voice mail with 7945/65 phones.

its easy to set up and users can check and answer their messages from a GUI interface from ip phone.

I think you are confusing features here a bit. The ViewMail client is only relevant if you are using IMAP or the Single Inbox feature to access messages from an email client. If you are relaying the message then you are sending the message (or a copy) to another email address. If you want MWI to be synchronized between the email client and Unity Connection, then you have to use IMAP or Single Inbox.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: