cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rack mountable Server for Cisco 6K Bundle

latenaite2011
Level 4
Level 4

I was just curious what kind of rack mountable server is recommended for the Cisco Call Manager 6K Bundle.  I need two of these so that I can create VM (one for Publisher and the Unity Messaging Server) and the other for the redundant site (Subscriber + Back Unity Messaging).

thanks-LN

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't have much of a choice here, a 6K is a HW/SW bundle and all of them are TRCs you can rack.

Options will change over time

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/UC_Virtualization_Supported_Hardware

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for this.  I need to enable security on the hosts.  Do you know what operation systems the Cisco 6K is running on?  The customer was looking at CSA but that is retired and the replacement software is Cisco AMP for Endpoints and below is the software requirements:

Cisco AMP for Endpoints

●  Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 3 or later
●  Microsoft Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 or later
●  Microsoft Windows 7
●  Microsoft Windows 8 and 8.1
●  Microsoft Windows 10
●  Microsoft Windows Server 2003
●  Microsoft Windows Server 2008
●  Microsoft Windows Server 2012
●  Mac OS X 10.7 and later
●  Linux Red Hat 6.5 and 6.6
●  Linux CentOS 6.4, 6.5, and 6.6

Can I recommend AMP for Endpoint for the Cisco 6k?

thanks

LN

6K is just a marketing term, all the images of the products are the same ones you would deploy on a 7K or regular UC on UCS.

No, most servers run RHEL and you cannot install anything on them, and if they're meant to reach out to the internet, only the necessary ports should be opened.

HTH

java

Ok, that being said. What kind of security features on the 6k?

As I mentioned, the images and all the products you can deploy on a 6K, are the same features you'd get in any regular deployment, I'd suggest you reach out to a Cisco partner so you can submit a list of requirements and concerns for what you want to deploy, so they can tell you if it's included/possible/not possible and assist with this.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Got it. Another follow up question.

I need to get  SIP trunk to support this. I understand there are CUBE Bundle that I can purchase to support this.  If I get a C2901-VSEC-CUBE/K9, is that enough or do I need to purchase a gatekeeper bundle too?  a 25 Users license is good enough for now.

Here is what I was using:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-border-element/order_guide_c07_462222.html

thanks,

LN

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: