Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Real Time Monitor Tool - Charting

Afternoon all,

I am using RTMT 8.1 to monitor Call Activity on a specific H323 gateway within our voice network. I've produced the chart which is correctly showing me real time information over a period of a couple of minutes. However, I want to display the chart over a period of 24 hours.

Do I need to change the polling rate to 30 or 60 minutes and allow the chart to run for 24 hours before presenting it? Is there any way of producing historical data on RTMT? Any help would be apprecaited.

Regards, Jamie

RTMT.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jamie,

Indeed in RTMT itself you should be able to achieve it by setting in counter properties "No. of data points shown on chart" to 50.
Next form Edit > Polling Rate. Set it to 30 minutes. Now it shown over 24 hours but with sample rate of 2/hour it may not really be useful.

So it would be better to have a higher sample rate and use the "Start counter logging" option to log the results to a locale csv file. So you can review the data afterwards with permformance log viewer or with Windows permance (perfmon.msc) from that locale csv file. Though you would need to leave RTMT running to log this information.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jamie,

Indeed in RTMT itself you should be able to achieve it by setting in counter properties "No. of data points shown on chart" to 50.
Next form Edit > Polling Rate. Set it to 30 minutes. Now it shown over 24 hours but with sample rate of 2/hour it may not really be useful.

So it would be better to have a higher sample rate and use the "Start counter logging" option to log the results to a locale csv file. So you can review the data afterwards with permformance log viewer or with Windows permance (perfmon.msc) from that locale csv file. Though you would need to leave RTMT running to log this information.

thanks! Worked perfectly. Changed the polling rate and data samples and now it looks more like a 24 hours

chart.

Jamie