Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommendations for (re-)configuring BE6k

drehstrom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

since I am revising our VoIP-network and the attached devices I stumbled upon a question. Since I didn't find any specific answer, I'd like to ask you for a little advise.

1. Is it recommended to join the ESXi of a BE6k to our existing domain? Purpose is a better handling and control of logins using our AD instead of local users.

2. Is it safe to change the IP-address of this ESXi-host without affecting the virtual machines like CUCM? (I know this is not a problem in a "normal" ESXi but since I didn't set up our BE6k in the first place, I am not sure if there are any side effects possible here.)

Any recommendation would be highly appreciated.

Thx
Stephan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1. Is it recommended to join the ESXi of a BE6k to our existing domain? Purpose is a better handling and control of logins using our AD instead of local users.

I never done it but  I don't see any harm in integrating with AD.  I found an article about integrating the AD with Esxi. You can go through it or search google and you will find many documents regarding this. Read the VMware recommendations   about integrating with AD.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2075361

2. Is it safe to change the IP-address of this ESXi-host without affecting the virtual machines like CUCM? (I know this is not a problem in a "normal" ESXi but since I didn't set up our BE6k in the first place, I am not sure if there are any side effects possible here.)

Changing ESXi IP address doesn't effect your applications. you can do that without any issues. You can do it from GUI or Console( CIMC or direct console)

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

The answer is yes to both questions. You won't have any problems joining the ESXi to the domain. I assume you will also be joining the CUCM, Unity and IMP as well. All should be fine. Changing the IP of the ESXi will not affect the CUCM or other applications in any way. Just make sure that the networking is working for the the applications, that they can still get to the AD, phones, gateways and such.

Please rate if this helps.

I never done it but  I don't see any harm in integrating with AD.  I found an article about integrating the AD with Esxi. You can go through it or search google and you will find many documents regarding this. Read the VMware recommendations   about integrating with AD.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2075361

Changing ESXi IP address doesn't effect your applications. you can do that without any issues. You can do it from GUI or Console( CIMC or direct console)

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: