cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording stopped due to leading silence time out.

dlamm
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading my Unity server from 4.02 to 4.04 I'm getting tons of compliants from my users about people not being able to leave them voice messages. The Unity server cuts them off. My event log is full of the following errors;

Event Type: Information

Event Source: CiscoUnity_Miu

Event Category: Information

Event ID: 634

Date: 6/25/2004

Time: 7:36:08 AM

User: N/A

Computer: NSIUNITY1

Description:

[Port 4] Recording stopped due to leading silence time out.

For more information, click: http://www.CiscoUnitySupport.com/find.php

I've tried adjusting the recording settings in the system configuration put it didn't make a difference. Any one seen this before?

11 Replies 11

mbegeman
Level 5
Level 5

This event warning was introduced in 4.0(4) and is reported when a recording session detects 5 seconds of leading silence, for instance Unity plays the record beep but detects nothing but silence. The recording is stopped and no message is saved. The event warning and your report of Unity cutting people off may or may not be related. If it is related, the question is why would Unity be getting silence during the recording session.

Is it reproducible and/or is it possible to pinpoint the issue to a single path, e.g. a gateway? I think we’ll need to turn on diagnostics to get to the root cause of this issue. If you think the issue is due to the 4.04 upgrade, you may want to open a TAC case to pursue.

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem, but I did not upgrade, it is a fresh installation of 4.0(4).

Some users are not able to record messages. The unity is cutting people off.

If open a TAC case, but till today no solution,

Thanks in advance for your help if you can provide it

Kind Regards

MPaiva

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem, but I did not upgrade, it is a fresh installation of 4.0(4).

Some users are not able to record messages. The unity is cutting people off.

If open a TAC case, but till today no solution,

Thanks in advance for your help if you can provide it

Kind Regards

MPaiva

anybody....get an answere to this...having a real hard time with after 30 seconds unity plays the greeting sorry your maximum recording time has been reached......

Did anyone get an answer for this? I am running into this same issue. Except i get a fast busy when the recirding ends. The user gets a 30 second or so message.

Event Type: Information

Event Source: CiscoUnity_Miu

Event Category: Information

Event ID: 626

Date: 5/17/2005

Time: 9:23:29 AM

User: N/A

Computer: SR60-UNITY01

Description:

[Port 1] Recording (0 ms) was less than minimum record length (1000 ms).

For more information, click: http://www.CiscoUnitySupport.com/find.php

~ Rob Oliveira ~

my issue was it was not licensed for full recording for some reason. Cisco sent me a new license and I was good to go...

Kauffmanfd
Level 1
Level 1

If the Unity Server has two NICs installed, verify that only one NIC is enabled. If both NICs are enabled, a binding issue could occur and audio cut through will fail from the calling party to the Unity voice mail box.

Is Cisco had comfirm that solution ?

We having the same problems on IBM x255 dual NIC configured in Fault Tolerance mode.

If someone tryied to upgrade the NIC Drivers ?

Martin

If you are using MGCP and users are getting cut off leaving voicemail try the following command:

no mgcp timer receive-rtcp

You helped me a lot here! I've been troubleshooting a license upgrade and did not find a solution to the OPs issue until I found your post. High Five!

Regards

/David

I had a Unity 4.0(5) go down hard and we brought it back online fine, but audio recording was not working. Turns out the HP teaming broke and never came back. So one NIC had DHCP and the other had the static address it was assigned. Rebuild the Team and reboot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: