cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundancy on cucm 12.0 one cluster accross a WAN

deblyn914
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cluster of one Publisher and three subscribers, the publisher and one subscriber is in one town and the two remaining subscribers are in a second town.  one of the subs in the second town was turned off and the second sub went off line (not sure it they lost power).  all the phones in the second town looked normal but they were all unregistered in the cucm and  could not make or receive calls.  I have a server group with both subs and the pub from town one (in that order) and it is associated to the device group that the phones are using.

My question is why did the phones not register to the pub in town one?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the Pub was in their CUCM group then they should have.  Perhaps there was an issue with network and the phones were unable to reach the Pub?  You would need to review logs to know for sure. To test it you can create another CM group and another test device pool where the Pub is either the only node or listed first in the CM group and assign this DP to a test phone at that site to see if it registers to Pub under normal conditions. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the Pub was in their CUCM group then they should have.  Perhaps there was an issue with network and the phones were unable to reach the Pub?  You would need to review logs to know for sure. To test it you can create another CM group and another test device pool where the Pub is either the only node or listed first in the CM group and assign this DP to a test phone at that site to see if it registers to Pub under normal conditions. 

Thank you for the advise, I will try that as soon as I get in.

So I did as you suggested.  I created a server group with just the Pub in it and created a test DP.  I put one phone in that group and applied the change, the phone immediately registered to the pub, perfect.  then I went back into the server group and added a sub from the second location, applied the change, reset the DP and now the phone is unregistered.  It took a few minutes to register with the sub, but it did.  So the test is working properly, so I am still not sure why all the phones didn't register before.

When the incident occurred what was the state of both CUCM subs?

Are you positive network was not impacted and phons had access to the Pub?

Is the Callmanager service running on the Publisher?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: