Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundancy on Enterprise Parameter - URL Services

p.marovino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

in a UCM 8.5 cluster environment, which is the best way to configure the redundancy of Enterprise Parameter that handle the URL Services? Particularly, if the Publisher goes down, old phones like 7940 or 7960 should be able to reach the Services pointing to another server in the cluster.

We have made some tests inserting on the Device configuration the URL with the IP address of a Subscriber but it doesn't work.

7906, 7911, 7975 do not have this problem, also Extension Mobility works fine on them in terms of redundancy.

Anyone has some suggestion?

Thanks

Paolo

3 Replies 3

NHSCCO001
Level 1
Level 1

We had this exact question around 2 years ago and decided to use VIP's on a Cisco CSS (or ACE's that have now replaced these) to accomplish this

Cheers,

Paul Everson

Hi Paul,

thanks for the reply. I understand your point, but have you found problems,

accessing at the main services page, when the publisher is no longer up

because if I try simply to add a URL pointing to a subscriber the phone is

not able to access the page, it seems that the subscriber is not able to

handle the "services" menu.

Regards

Paolo

Hi Paul,

sorry to come back on this issue so late. It's clear to me the role of the load balancer, unfortunately I have some problems retreiving the getservicemenu.jsp page when I'm pointing to any subscriber server in the cluster.

Enterprise parameters -> URL Services -> http://SUBSCRIBER_IP:8080/ccmcip/getservicemanu.jsp

I'm running with UCM 8.5 and I don't know where to check if the page is available.

Have you had the same problem in your installation?

Thanks a lot for your reply

Regards

Paolo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: