Views
Helpful
Replies

regeneration of TVS and IPSec certificates on Mixed-mode 12.5.1 CUCM

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all!

I will be regenerating the TVS and IPSec certificates on a customer's CUCM tonight.  This is being done on a Mixed-mode cluster with 1 Publisher and 2 Subscribers. TFTP is active on both Subscribers, not the Publisher. All "phones" (Telepresence endpoints) are registered to Subscriber 1.

This is what I plan on doing;
- Back up the Cluster.
- Stop the TFTP service on Subscriber 1
- Regenerate the IPSec certificate on the Publisher.
- Restart the DRF Local and DRF Master services on the Publisher.
- Regenerate the TVS certificate on the Publisher.
- Restart the TVS service on the Publisher.
- Regenerate the IPSec certificate on Subscriber 1.
- Restart the DRF Local service on Subscriber 1.
- Regenerate the TVS certificate on Subscriber 1.
- Restart the TVS service on Subscriber 1.
- Reset the phones so they get the ITL from Subscriber 2.
- When all phones have registered to Subscriber 2, start the TFTP service on Subscriber 1.
- Regenerate the IPSec certificate on Subscriber 2.
- Restart the DRF Local service on Subscriber 2.
- Regenerate the TVS certificate on Subscriber 2.
- Restart the TVS service on Subscriber 2.
- Reset the phones so they get the ITL from Subscriber 1.

- Restart the TFTP service on Subscriber 2 so it has updated certificate information.
- Back up the cluster again.

I came up with this process based on information in the Security Guide for CUCM ver 12.5(1)su2 and the CUCM Certificate Regeneration/Renewal Process, doc ID 200199. Does it look like I have the steps in the correct order?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

So in trying to make sure I have my ducks in a row I came across document ID 214231.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/214231-certificate-regeneration-process-for-cis.html#anc23

The process listed in this doc seems a little different, putting the TFTP restarts at the end and then a big phone restart at the very end, after the TVS cert has been regenerated on all the servers already. Wouldn't this not give the phones a previous cert to fall back to before being updated by the TVS?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

So in trying to make sure I have my ducks in a row I came across document ID 214231.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/214231-certificate-regeneration-process-for-cis.html#anc23

The process listed in this doc seems a little different, putting the TFTP restarts at the end and then a big phone restart at the very end, after the TVS cert has been regenerated on all the servers already. Wouldn't this not give the phones a previous cert to fall back to before being updated by the TVS?

Thanks!