Views
Helpful
Replies

regeneration of TVS and IPSec certificates on Mixed-mode 12.5.1 CUCM

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all!

I will be regenerating the TVS and IPSec certificates on a customer's CUCM tonight.  This is being done on a Mixed-mode cluster with 1 Publisher and 2 Subscribers. TFTP is active on both Subscribers, not the Publisher. All "phones" (Telepresence endpoints) are registered to Subscriber 1.

This is what I plan on doing;
- Back up the Cluster.
- Stop the TFTP service on Subscriber 1
- Regenerate the IPSec certificate on the Publisher.
- Restart the DRF Local and DRF Master services on the Publisher.
- Regenerate the TVS certificate on the Publisher.
- Restart the TVS service on the Publisher.
- Regenerate the IPSec certificate on Subscriber 1.
- Restart the DRF Local service on Subscriber 1.
- Regenerate the TVS certificate on Subscriber 1.
- Restart the TVS service on Subscriber 1.
- Reset the phones so they get the ITL from Subscriber 2.
- When all phones have registered to Subscriber 2, start the TFTP service on Subscriber 1.
- Regenerate the IPSec certificate on Subscriber 2.
- Restart the DRF Local service on Subscriber 2.
- Regenerate the TVS certificate on Subscriber 2.
- Restart the TVS service on Subscriber 2.
- Reset the phones so they get the ITL from Subscriber 1.

- Restart the TFTP service on Subscriber 2 so it has updated certificate information.
- Back up the cluster again.

I came up with this process based on information in the Security Guide for CUCM ver 12.5(1)su2 and the CUCM Certificate Regeneration/Renewal Process, doc ID 200199. Does it look like I have the steps in the correct order?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

So in trying to make sure I have my ducks in a row I came across document ID 214231.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/214231-certificate-regeneration-process-for-cis.html#anc23

The process listed in this doc seems a little different, putting the TFTP restarts at the end and then a big phone restart at the very end, after the TVS cert has been regenerated on all the servers already. Wouldn't this not give the phones a previous cert to fall back to before being updated by the TVS?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

So in trying to make sure I have my ducks in a row I came across document ID 214231.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/214231-certificate-regeneration-process-for-cis.html#anc23

The process listed in this doc seems a little different, putting the TFTP restarts at the end and then a big phone restart at the very end, after the TVS cert has been regenerated on all the servers already. Wouldn't this not give the phones a previous cert to fall back to before being updated by the TVS?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: