cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Register C-series to CUCM?

awander
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who is looking to register a bunch of C40 endpooints to Call Manager. I spent about 1/2 hour searching through teh support site and could only get results of thousands of documents, none of teh first couple of pages of which seemed to help.

Is this possible? Can Call Manager do verything a VTC endpoint needs?

4 Replies 4

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

You should be able to register c40s to Call Manager 8.6. It is similar to adding a new phone.

You will only be able to do assign a directory number to it; you won't be able to do URI dialing.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate useful posts.

Thanks, George.

Any chance you could steer me to a doc that explains this?

Unfortunately I havent seen a document. But these are steps I followed:

1. Upgrade the codec to TC5.1

2. Configure it in CallManager like any phone by going to Device -> Phone, Add a CX0 etc.

3. Power up the CX0 and select Cisco UCM. The Cisco UCM option will be available after the codec has been upgraded to TC5. A release key is needed to complete the upgrade which can be obtained from www.cisco.com/go/license

4. Once this is completed, the CX0 will use the voice vlan like any other phone and download the configuration from Callmanager.

Please rate useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: