Views
Helpful
Replies

Registering 3rd party and H323 to Expressway C

SlimPickens
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

We're looking at setting up MRA for the Jabber application.  We currently have an Expressway C and E (8.9.1)pair that we're considering using for this purpose, but we're already registering 3rd party SIP and H323 video endpoints to the Expressway C.

So two questions:

1.  Is it supported to register devices to an Expressway C that is also being leveraged for MRA 

and

2.  If supported, would anyone here recommend that design or would we be better off spinning up a new Expressway cluster explicitly for MRA purposes.

Thanks in advance for any advice/guidance!

3 Replies 3

mHadi
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

only cisco endpoints can register to Expressway C/E,

not any 3rd party devices...

Mohammadreza Hadi

No, that is wrong, you have always been able to register 3rd party endpoints to VCS and a few releases back, this was also enabled for Expressways. Currently a room license is consumed by any 3rd party endpoint, I just confirmed this in my lab using yate 6.1 to register to my Expressway 12.7

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks @Jaime Valencia for your helpful answer,

are we can register from (wan-internet) our 3rd-party-sip-phone also ?? >> on expressway-edge ??

Mohammadreza Hadi
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: