Views
Helpful
Replies

Rehosting SRST licenses

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have an active ISR4431-v/k9 SRST router, and I also have a spare ISR4431-V/k9 router (to reduce downtime in case the active router goes down).

Is it possible to rehost the SRST licenses on the active router to the spare router?

Quick responses will be appreciated.

Regards, 

Peter.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This model supports up to 1200 SRST devices, see "Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site" row:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/models-comparison.html

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Officially AFAIK no as SRST licenses are not transferrable. However, SRST licenses are just RTU paper licenses that do not get applied anywhere.

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for your response, but that does not fully answer my question. 

From the scenario I mentioned, the spare router does not have the SRST licenses. So if I want to use the spare router, can the SRST licenses on the active router be transferred to the spare (new) router?

If yes, how is this done?

Regards, 

Again, SRST licenses cannot be transferred from one router to another as when you purchase SRST licenses they are purchased for that specific router.

With that being said there are NO licenses to be applied anywhere for SRST. The licenses that you purchase are paper (Right To Use) licenses that do not get applied anywhere.

So, if you want to be within license compliance you should purchase SRST license for the second router, if compliance is not your concern then SRST can be enabled on any router that supports SRST and has UC license installed.

Hi Chris, 

Does enabling the SRST feature on the router have a limitation on the number of IP phones to be uses (if compliance is not to be followed)? 

Yes, it depends on the router model. Each router model data sheet list the max SRST registered devices limit. What model are you using?

I am using ISR4431-V/K9

This model supports up to 1200 SRST devices, see "Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site" row:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/models-comparison.html