Views
Helpful
Replies

Reinstall Unity Connection 8.6.2 publisher server

Mohd Marzuki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Support,

My client's primary Unity Connection server need to reinstall back without have any backup. Only the subscriber Unity Connection are still running on the environment production. I'm trying to reinstall primary server myself but stucked half way since i'm confusing on the software version installed at the secondary Unity Connection server. Kindly please advice or should i open TAC case for this?

This is version on the GUI web

Cisco Unity Connection Administration Version 8.6.2.20000-76

I can't find any 8.6.2.20000-76 version on the cco website to download it.

Inside terminal console this is what i found,

admin:show version active
Active Master Version: 8.6.2.20000-2
Active Version Installed Software Options:
uc-locale-en_GB-8.6.2.1-25.cop
admin:show version inactive

No Inactive side available

Executed command unsuccessfully

admin:

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Whatever CLI shows is the correct version.

Chris

Hi Chris,

For the installation, fresh installation will it replicate all the databases to the primary unity connection server?

No, if you lost publisher there is no way to replicate from subscriber, in fact if you don't have a backup there is nothing you can do except for manually rebuilding the server. Sorry, this is why backups are ciritical and people only worry about them when it is too late.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Based on my findings here, kindly please verify based on your replied just now.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/upgrade/guide/8xcucrug040.html#wp1052015

You can replace the publisher server or replace the hard disks in the publisher server in a Connection cluster without replacing the subscriber server. During the time that the publisher server is not functioning, the subscriber server handles all functions for the Connection cluster to avoid loss of service to the system.

When replacing either the server or the hard disks in the server, you must install a replacement publisher server; you cannot convert the subscriber server into the publisher server. (Replacing hard disks requires that you reinstall all software on the server, so you effectively have a replacement server.) On the replacement publisher server, you configure a new Connection cluster. When you connect the subscriber server to the new Connection cluster, the subscriber server replicates its data to the replacement publisher server without loss of service to the system. When the replacement publisher server has Primary or Secondary status, it begins to handle calls again.

And found out one discussion related to my problem too here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2085696

. Please verify to avoid confusing me.

Thanks

Hmm, I have it admit I was not aware of this. My appologies

If this is the case then you should be good.

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I just wanted to add this reference to the info from my friend Chris (+5 Chris!)

The steps to rebuild the Pub and then replicate the data back from the Sub

are shown in this doc. Here's a clip;

To Connect the Subscriber Server to the New Connection Cluster, and Replicate Data and Messages to the Publisher Server

Step 1 Sign in to the command-line interface (CLI) for the subscriber server.

Step 2 Run the CLI command utils cuc cluster renegotiate.

Note When the CLI command completes, the publisher server automatically restarts.

Step 3 Run the CLI command show cuc cluster status on the subscriber server to confirm that the new Connection cluster has been configured correctly.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/upgrade/guide/8xcucrug040.html#wp1052015

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

Thanks Rob, will run the CLI command once the publisher is up.

Hi there,

You are most welcome my friend

Make sure to have a look at all the steps listed in the doc as I only

added the one clip.

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: