cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove Line from IP Phone without Deleting Line

SuperGenius
Level 1
Level 1

How do I remove a line from an device in CM 6 without deleting the line. If I click on the line and click delete, then a warning shows up that I will permanently delete this directory number. If I try to remove the dn and click save, the directory number is required. What I want to do is move the line to another IP phone.

Thanks in Advance,

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vyacheslav.k
Level 1
Level 1

go to Call Routing -> Directory Number, then choose a line you'd like to remove from the device. Enter this line.

Look for 'Associated Devices' which contains all phones associated with this line. Just select a appropriate phone and click an 'arrow to down'. This phone will be moved to 'Dissociate Devices' section. Click save. That's all.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

John,

Go ahead and assign the DN to the new phone. When you assign a DN to a phone when it already exists on another phone in the same partition, it will show up as a shared line and many of the settings will automatically show up (caller ID, VM, etc.) You can then delete it from the original phone.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

vyacheslav.k
Level 1
Level 1

go to Call Routing -> Directory Number, then choose a line you'd like to remove from the device. Enter this line.

Look for 'Associated Devices' which contains all phones associated with this line. Just select a appropriate phone and click an 'arrow to down'. This phone will be moved to 'Dissociate Devices' section. Click save. That's all.

That's what I needed. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: