cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing an AvDSAD non-existent domain reference?

jhatfield
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who originally provisioned unity in a .loc domain for VM. Since then, they have moved it into another island domain for administrative purposes. They are continuously seeing the following error message in the app log:

"CiscoUnity_DSAD","Warning ","Error",1096,"","XXX-UNTY-VM1","The AvDSAD does not have a domain controller for the domain: XXXVOICE.LOC, and could not get one from Active Directory. Ensure that a domain controller exists for this domain, that no DNS issues exist, and that The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) account has the proper rights.

I can't find a reference to the .loc domain in the registry. It shows when I run the DC/GC tool but does not give me the option to remove it. Any thoughts on making this go away? TIA.

1 Reply 1

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The information has been moved to UnityDB, AdDomain and Configuration table. I am not suggesting that is safe to mess with the tables but proceed with caution. Make sure you have a backup in case something goes wrong because you will at least have something to restore with.