Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing audio files in Unity Connection 2.0

matthewpage
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

Is it possible to remove or disable a audio file with out having root access?? I want to stop it from "saying please wait while i connect your call". In UC 1.0 i could just find the file and remove it. Different story in Linux though as every thing is locked down.

Thanks

Matt

5 Replies 5

jbohla
Level 1
Level 1

Follow the steps: For NT4, from the Control Panel, choose the Multimedia application and go to the ?Devices? tab. Under the Audio Devices tree, you should see ?Audio For Dialogic WAVE?. Select and remove this. Do not reboot yet. For Windows 2000, from the Control Panel, the wave driver is located in the Sounds and Multimedia application and go to the ?Hardware? tab > choose ?Legacy Audio Drivers? > go to the ?Properties? tab > Under the Audio Devices tree, you should see ?Audio For Dialogic WAVE?. Select and remove this. but If you Removing audio files in Unity Audio Text Manager produce an error message because it is building dependent.

mgruyters
Level 1
Level 1

How do you delete audio files in 1.x? What is the directory? Sorry for not answering your question.....

The above reply is for deleting audio files in 1.X. UC 2.0 is based around linux not windows 2000 or NT.

Thanks

Matt

There's no supported way to go about this in UC 2.x (2.0 or 2.1) - technically speaking it's not supported on 1.x or any version of Unity either but it's reasonably easy and straight forward to fix in a pinch. However with 2.0 and 2.1 you need root access to get to the prompt files which raises the bar considerably. Without TACs help to get root, you can't do it at all. Right off hand I don't think TAC will provide root access credentials for this, but I don't work in TAC so I'm not the final word on that.

As a side note, Connection 7.0 coming out later this year (see Laura's post on this forum looking for EFT sites from a couple weeks ago) has the option to disable this prompt in the SA interface itself so it wont be necessary to hack the system to get rid of that prompt.

Question, normally with Unity connection transfer you hear MOH. When MOH is disabled, how can you get regular dialtone/waitingtone?

With kind regards,

Martijn Gruyters

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: