Views
Helpful
Replies

Renaming user in CUCM and CUPS

yesenia-m
Level 1
Level 1

My question is this:

Modify the parameters in line 1 of the device and the directory number, because changed user:

Making calls with the ICPC and landline display correctly the name change but I still see the Personal Communicator previous name, the way to solve it is turning to logging, this is correct? Is there any way around this or is it part of the procedure when you change username?

Do you have any information that explains this?

Thank you

Regards

3 Replies 3

yesenia-m
Level 1
Level 1

This is the example:

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUPC queries the LDAP server defined within CUP for display name information. You'll want to verify that the name change has taken effect within LDAP. You'll probably need to restart CUPC for it to query LDAP again.

If you mean the CUPS server UI it gets this information from the End User account in CUCM (User Management menu). This is either defined locally or also synced from LDAP. If you have LDAP sync enabled you would need to trigger a syncrhonization for CUCM to see the changes in LDAP. This is done in CUCM from the System > LDAP > LDAP Synchronization page.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Jonathan

Clarifying this only by changing the value in this menu in CUCM: device - phone - line: Line 1 on Device: Display and text and line number within Directory: Alerting Name and ASCII (as seen in the picture above) I'm not changing if the End user, because this user already discharged in the Active Directory and synchronized with CUCM.

Upon saving the changes are reflected in the IP communicator in Personal Communicator but not until a reboot is done, the question is if this is long because you have to restart.

Thank you

Regards