Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacement for L-UCSS-CMBE-1-50

saraphillips
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I'm trying to find a replacement for L-UCSS-CMBE-1-50, the EOS announcement says that the parts for BE5K can be used instead but how transparent is this? If I select the L-UCSS-BE-KENH-1-1 (qty 50) then I would also have to select UCSS for voicemail L-UCSS-BE-KVM-1-1 (qty 50), just to replace part L-UCSS-CMBE-1-50, correct?

What about those customers looking to add licenses to their older versions of Business Edition? For example this license ->

CUCM-BE-10USR, the EOS announcement indicates the 5K as the new skus to use and it says that is just a change in name but not functionality. However, as far asI know if a customer buys any of the 5K licenses they would get 7.1.5 version not any of the older versions, correct? so in order to provide a 5K license we have to warn the customer that they should move to version 7.1.5. This is not just a direct replacement like the EOS implies.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7273/end_of_life_notice_c51-683622.html

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I haven't had any luck with the UCSS team, they do not know what part numbers to use for the CMBE licenses since this L-UCSS-CMBE-1-50 is discontinued.

Thank you,

Sara

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The new SKU UCSS-UCMBE, that will provide both users and VM SKU that you need.

Even if you get 7.1.5, it doesn’t matter you can have 7.1.3 running it doesn’t matter.

For add on use L-LIC-BE5K going forward

Yes I agree very confusing in leaving those older SKU out there….

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The new SKU UCSS-UCMBE, that will provide both users and VM SKU that you need.

Even if you get 7.1.5, it doesn’t matter you can have 7.1.3 running it doesn’t matter.

For add on use L-LIC-BE5K going forward

Yes I agree very confusing in leaving those older SKU out there….

Thanks

Srini

Thank you Srini, I wasn't really sure if the different revisions matter or not.

Thanks,

Sara

Does UCSS-UCMBE apply to CMBE6K as well ?

Or for UCSS for CMBE6K, do I use UCSS-UCM and UCSS-MSG?

Thanks in advance,

Steven

It applies to both

Thanks

Srini

Srini,

this is interesting as Cisco Partner Help is telling me I am to use UCSS-CMBE.  If I use that, then there is no option for the VM just Enhanced, Basic, Essential, and/or Public Space.

Here is their answer:

This is <name> from Cisco Worldwide Partner Helpline.  Below is the answer to the question(s) you have submitted as well as additional supporting documentation.  Top level sku to add UCSS for CMBE6K is UCSS-CMBE.  Page 5.

So what is the correct part code?

Thanks,

Steven

For some reason I cannot put the link in this message, so I had to type it out here :-(

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns394/ns165/ns737/net_presentation0900aecd8063dc83.pdf

Frankly this is why this product line is such a mess. Different SKU for three BE products 3k, 5k and 6k all disjointed not just on the technical side but also licensing issues.

We have UCSS-CMBE, UCSS-UCMBE etc.

Anyway back to the topic, I am looking at the description under L-UCSS-UCMBE and it clearly states 5k/6k so I feel that’s the right SKU

Thanks

Srini

So interesting and I so agree.  Prior to your last response I went back to Partner Help with a new ticket asking if I could use UCSS-UCMBE.  It was handled by a different person, and their response was as follows:

Yes you can use that part number, in fact that is the part number that you will need for UCSS in CMBE's.

UCSS-UCMBE     UCSS for UCMBE Top Level SKU              $0.00

lol

Right there it proves what I have been saying which is too many SKU that look the same and overlap, if it can confuse the vendors support guys what's the fate of partners and customers

Feedback to the BU to fix this ASAP

Thanks

Srini

I just got a reply from UCSS-SUPPORT@EXTERNAL.CISCO.COM as follows:

The correct High Level part number is L-UCSS-UCMBE

So that's it, it is definitely official what UCSS to use with CMBE 5K and 6K.

Thank you Srini for your responses as well, I just sent requests to all areas to see what I would get.

Cheers,

Steven

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: