Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring Down Line Issue

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

HI Everyone
I want to know can you tell me if i'm missing something the reason the phone lines won't ring down from one line to another. I have a setup that I working on with a group of users, They want to be placed in a hunt group so that the phone lines will broadcast when a call arrives and if all the lines are in use it will roll to the next and then so on and so on. Below is the example of all that I've done so far and thank for the help and I look forward to you replies.

The number that users call to reach the dispatchers is 318 433-4343 and that number is a translation pattern that rings to a hunt pilot of 101208. So far I have 1 extension in the line group which is 101207 and 101207 is the user's primary extension. I have the call forward and call pickup settings for the number set to forward busy internal and external,forward no answer internal and external to forward to 201001 and I have the maximum, number of calls set to 2 and the busy trigger set to 1.So my plan is to label line 2 as 201001 and I'm going to apply the same settings to it and have it forward to 201002, then have line 3 as 201002 and so on and so on.The phone is a 7861 so I have line 1 as 101207 and lines 2 through 11 as 201001 to 201010. I call the number and the user told me that the call never went to line 201001 after so many rings.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

GadgetFood
Level 1
Level 1

Can you provide the version of CUCM your running?

This can be configured a couple ways. 

You can do one line group, enter those extension that should be broadcast and make sure the distribution algorrythim is set for broadcast. 

Then you can do another line group and enter those line extensions but have the distribution algorythim as TOP DOWN or circular depending on user choice. 

Let me know if you need any help this is more of a long way but theres other ways 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

GadgetFood
Level 1
Level 1

Can you provide the version of CUCM your running?

This can be configured a couple ways. 

You can do one line group, enter those extension that should be broadcast and make sure the distribution algorrythim is set for broadcast. 

Then you can do another line group and enter those line extensions but have the distribution algorythim as TOP DOWN or circular depending on user choice. 

Let me know if you need any help this is more of a long way but theres other ways 

Thanks that is really a good idea,I've left work for the day but I'll definitely try this tomorrow.