cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring No Answer Handoff from Communications Manager to Unity Sometimes Too Long

Joyce McNemar
Level 1
Level 1

For internal calls (at least, not sure about external), the number of rings the calling party hears before Unity voice mail answers is sometimes 8 to 10 rings. Usually it is only 4 rings and the RNA timers, etc. are configured to support 4 rings. The Unified Communications Manager Express version is System version: 8.0.3.20000-2. The Unity version is Version 8.0.3.20000-18  Why would it sometimes go to so many rings? How would I trace or troubleshoot these versions (on locked down Linux appliance)  of the systems to know if the problem is not enough available voice mail ports at the time I see the increased number of rings? Thank you.

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joyce,

This great tool may help with your query

Port Usage Analyzer for Connection

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortUsageAnalyzer/PortUsageAnalyzer.html

Cheers!

Rob

Rob

Thanks for trying to help, but that tool is not supported in the 8.x version of Unity. The most recent version it works with is 7.x. I have 8.0

Regards,

Joyce

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Joyce,

Maybe we're getting our signals crossed here, but the version you listed

8.0.3.20000-18 is a Unity Connection (linux) build not a Unity build. The tool that

I linked is supported with Unity Connection 8.x

Cheers!

Rob

Yes, you're right. Thank you. I downloaded and installed the Port Usage Analyzer for Connection tool, version 7.0.12. I can run it, but fro some strange reason it will only let me select the most recent day of 5/24/2011 (today is 7/11/2011) to load data from. Why won't it let me select a more recent date? is there some database configuration I need to check/change?

Thanks you

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joyce,,

Right from Mr.Lindborg himself

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3301590#3301590

Cheers!

Rob

PS:if this is a CUC cluster try connecting to the Sub instead of the Pub

Joyce McNemar
Level 1
Level 1

I have the answer on this issue  & would like to share it with all of you. The problem with Unity being slow to answer was caused by the configuration of the Call Routing Line Group for the Unity ports in the CUCM Admin page. The distribution algorithm for that line group was set to 'Longest Idle Time’. It should have been set to 'Top Down' I speculate the original setting was causing it to consider Unity ports that are not set up to answer calls when it should not have been doing so.