cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Pattern CSV File Removes "0" from Called Party Prefix Digits Field

Sakher Al-Bawab
Level 1
Level 1

I want to upload over 350 route patterns using BAT Tool in CUCM 9.1. All patterns must have their Called Party Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls) Field containing 10 numbers with the number "0" at the begining. The Problem is the CSV file removes the leading "0" form the digits. I tried to make the cell type in Excel as "Text" and it worked and the "0" is kept normally, but when I save and close the file then open it again, the cell is defaulted to "General" type and the "0" is disappeared again! Changing the CSV file format to any other one and uploading it to CUCM system generates an error stating that the file format is not supported.

Attached is a sample entry of the CSV file. I want to preserve the whole number "0541234567" in "PREFIX_DIGITS_CALLED_PARTY" Field.

Anyone can help me how to upload this big number of route patterns while preserving the number "0" at the begining?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, that is the way excel works, so dont open the file again, adjust it, save and run via BAT. I've done deployment with extensions starting with 0 and it works fine as long as you dont keep opening it.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure you change the csv file when using Excel to "Text" on the cell where the string starts with 0, otherwise Excel assumes this is a number and strips it.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

I've tried that, but when saving and closing the file then open it again, the type of the cell is returned back to General and the "0" is stripped out again.

You can try that on the attached file and see this behavior.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Yes, that is the way excel works, so dont open the file again, adjust it, save and run via BAT. I've done deployment with extensions starting with 0 and it works fine as long as you dont keep opening it.

Chris

YES! it worked after adjusting it then uploading it directly without opening it again ... Thank you very much Chris

Very Helpfull.Thank you very much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: