cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[RTMT-ALERT-StandAloneCluster] CiscoDRFFailure

ngaitan
Level 1
Level 1

Reason : DRF was unable to backup component MESSAGES.Error : SFTP transfer failed as backup size was not increasing for the past 15 minute AppID : Cisco DRF Master ClusterID :

Is there a workaround for this time out?

7 Replies 7

pqueued
Level 1
Level 1
Does this RTMT alert happen consistently or was this a one time deal?

Its consistent and the only way I can get it to successfully complete is to run a manual backup and refresh the folder it is saving to on the server side

Yes the backup is being done on Windows Server 2008

So to get around it you need to use a different version of windows, or a Linux box. If you're not currently, I would also suggest trying the solarwinds free SFTP server on the 2008 box first.

I did install and try the free Solarwinds SFTP server but I still got the time out error.

ERROR: SFTP transfer failed as backup size was not increasing for the past 15 minutes. Either there is not enough disk space or network transfer rate is too slow with the configured SFTP Server. Please either free some space on SFTP device or check network connectivity and then run a fresh backup, Backup Completed...

I am doing a version upgrade to 11.5 first quarter of 2019 but wanted to get a good backup in place.

There are only three Cisco-supported SFTP tools: OpenSSH, Cygwin, or Titan FTP. Use one of them, Titan has a free trial for example, and see if the problem clears up.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: