cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT Failed to Initialize. Exiting......

rayala003
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

i'm having troubles open the RTMT, when i open it it shows the dialog RTMT failed to initialize. Exiting...

Doing some research i found that if you open the Batch file "run" which is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Unified Rtmt\JRtmt  you can debug the startup process, and the error that it shows me is the following:

2016-08-10 12:05:04,768 [SplashThread] INFO rtmt.control - doMeat(): after ServerVersionChecker.validMLALogin(): ServerVersionChecker.gStatusCode=200, bValidLogin=true
2016-08-10 12:05:04,780 [SplashThread] ERROR rtmt.control - [ERROR] In run thread SplashWindow: java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLockException
2016-08-10 12:05:04,786 [SplashThread] ERROR rtmt.control - [ERROR] In run thread SplashWindow: java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLockException
at sun.nio.ch.SharedFileLockTable.checkList(FileLockTable.java:255)
at sun.nio.ch.SharedFileLockTable.add(FileLockTable.java:152)
at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.tryLock(FileChannelImpl.java:1017)
at java.nio.channels.FileChannel.tryLock(FileChannel.java:1154)
at com.cisco.ccm.serviceability.rtmt.ui.SystemUtil.getDirectoryLock(Unknown Source)
at com.cisco.ccm.serviceability.rtmt.ui.SystemUtil.waitForLock(Unknown Source)
at com.cisco.ccm.serviceability.rtmt.ui.JRtmtMain.doMeat(Unknown Source)
at com.cisco.ccm.serviceability.rtmt.ui.JRtmtMain$SplashWindow$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

I already uninstall the program few times and i'm still without luck trying to use the RTMT, please help!

Thanks, 

Ronny A.

5 Replies 5

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ronny,

Can you try below and let me know if it works.

1. Run it as either Admin or any other provide other then yours.
  2. Change the compatibility and see if it works.

HTH

JB

This suggested worked for me in the following scenario:

Subsequent to a CUCM upgrade from 10.5 to 11.5, uninstalled RTMT 10.5, installed RTMT 11.5

No reboot

Windows Server 2012 R2

Ran RTMT 11.5 as Administrator

Prompted to update timezone as the server running RTMT is not the same location as the CUCM Pub

RTMT updated timezone and then quit

Relaunched as Administrator and it opened normally and connected to the Publisher

Thanks!

PC

Thanks for you´re comments, i had access  running as administrator user!.

Regards

ev1205
Level 2
Level 2

Hello !

Are you using Win10?

I have the same problem and found this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/11_0_1/RTMT/CUCM_BK_CC660A6B_00_cisco-unified-rtmt-administration-1101/CUCM_BK_CC660A6B_00_cisco-unified-rtmt-administration-1101_chapter_01.html#CUCM_RF_O5664E1B_00

...where I don't see support for win10

I am still looking..

Best regards

Enrique

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adding to what others said, it will also be worth to uninstall RTMT completely followed by reboot of PC and then install it back again as an Administrator and see if it helps.

Regards

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: