cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT logs - Unknown SMTP host:

Michael Cox
Level 1
Level 1

I stopped receiving email alerts from RTMT and found out that the customer updated their DNS servers' IPs and SMTP server's hostname.  I updated DNS IPs in CUCM and restarted Tomcat then updated the "mail server" in RTMT to the new hostname but was still not receiving the emails.  I verified CUCM could ping the FQDN of the relay server.  I updated the mail server to use the IP, instead of hostname, and I am now able to receive the emails.  

Could RTMT be looking to a cached entry for the DNS servers or something?  Any thoughts on why RTMT logs show unknown SMTP host?

Logs from RTMT:

Apr 27 10:32:03 SGSNA-CM1 local7 2 : 1980: SGSNA-CM1: Apr 27 2020 02:32:03 PM.561 UTC : %UC_RTMT-2-AlertEmailNotifyFailure: %[FailureReason=javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed;#012 nested exception is:#012#011class javax.mail.MessagingException: Unknown SMTP host: smtp.company.com;#012 nested exception is:#012#011java.net.UnknownHostException: smtp.company.com][AppID=Cisco AMC Service][ClusterID=][NodeID=COMPANY-CM1]: Alert Email Notification Failure.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: