Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT not getting installed on Windows 8

kuldeep.kaur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am running CUCM version 9.1.2. I have downloaded RTMT and trying to install it on a windows 8 machine. When it starts to install it gives the following error:

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use

the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The valid

UI modes identifiers are GUI, Console and Silent.

Any ideas how to fix this error ?

Thanks Guys

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

i think you can install it on a windows 7 pc and then copy the entire folder to the windows 8 pc.

i think now its possible to be run

cheers

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

i think you can install it on a windows 7 pc and then copy the entire folder to the windows 8 pc.

i think now its possible to be run

cheers

Yes I done it yesterday after tried everything. It is working now.

Cheers

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kuldeep,

You need to run the installer in compatibility mode, it should get installed fine that way.

HTH

Manish

Thank you Manish,

It works fine for me as well(compatibility mode).

Thanks

Amarjeet

Thanks it works for me in Compatibility Mode on a Jump with Windows 2012 server.

kuldeep.kaur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Manish,

Before posting this I have already tried using different compatibility mode but no luck. I have chosen to use compatible mode for windows 8 and 7 as well but still not able to install it.

Any more suggestions please.

Tks

I have seen it work using compatibility mode. The only other suggestion from me would be to try after uninstalling RTMT completely including any registry entries , rebooting system and trying again. Best option would be to try it on a freshly built Windows 8 machine.

HTH

Manish

Thanks Manish it works for me. Opened the installer and went to properties and checked the box run in win7 compatiblity mode. reran installer no errors. THANKS!!!!!

kuldeep.kaur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Manish,

I am installing it on a brand new machine. There is nothing to delete as it never got installed. When I double click the plugin to install it straight away gives the following message (see the attached snapshot)

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use

the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The valid

UI modes identifiers are GUI, Console and Silent.

Tks

Hi Kuldeep,

Before you run the plugin, you need to change the compatibilty to Windows 7 and run the plugin.exe

I tried and it works for me without any issue. Right click the plugin you have downloaded and click troubleshhot compatibility. Select Windows 7 and run the .exe..

Regards,

Pervin

Changing the CcmServRtmtPlugin.exe to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode worked for me. I was installing on a brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 3 running Windows 8.1 64-bit.

neil.woolloff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Had this iss ue on windows 8.1 u1 x64 and found that if i ran in compatibilty mode of windows7 and also run as adminstrator selected it installed all ok.

Thanks.

jzeledon
Level 1
Level 1

You could use the "troubleshoot compatibility " option to install it .

It always work for me.

jzeledon

David Neece
Level 1
Level 1

This worked for Windows 10 as well.  I copied the entire "Unified Serviceability" directory to the Windows 10 PC and it ran the first time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: