Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT-Only User on CUCM 8.5

gohlex8848
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Have anyone successfully configured RTMT-Only user for CUCM 8.5?

I've followed the guide (

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/8_0_1/rtmt/rtinst.html#wp1277351) to add the user into application user and assigned

Standard RealtimeAndTraceCollection group. but getting access forbidden error when try to login RTMT.

I've also try to create the user under "end user" page but without luck.

Any kind soul could shed some lights on this?

Thansk

Regards,

Alex

12 Replies 12

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

Please add "Standard CCM Admin Users" User Group for the application user.

regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi Ronak,

Thanks, but isn't that, the user will have full access to CUCM administration page? we looking to have the user only able to access RTMT. is it possible?

Regards,

Alex

Hi

A user with only the Standard CCM Admin Users role  can access Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration but  cannot make any changes. A user with only the Standard CCMADMIN  Administration role can make changes, but cannot authenticate entry to  Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts. You can rate post by clicking the stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi Ronak,

Thanks again for your reply. Is it possible not to have the RTMT user able to access the CUCM administration page?

As the account will be used by vendor and we would very much like to restrict their access, even it is read only.

Appreciate your advice.

Regards,

Alex

Hi

I think adding the user to 'Standard CCM Server Monitoring' and the 'realtimeandtracecollection' groups allows the basic RTMT functionality.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the info. I just tried with the two groups, however the user still able to access CUCM Administration page, is read only though.

Thanks

Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

I am not sure if this works.

Please use the application user credentils which you have provided while installing the CUCM and try logging in RTMT.

For UCCX (contact center product) we use this credentils to login in RTMT.

Just give a try.

Thanks,

Anand

Hi Anand,

I've no problem logging into RTMT, except that I would like to create a RTMT-Only access account for a user.

but most of the solutions by far will let the account user gain access to CUCM administration page which we don't want.

Not sure if this possible?

Thanks

Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

I am asking you please use the Application credentils which you have provided while installing the CUCM.

These credentials wont exist in your end user\ application user pages of the CUCM. So you wont be able to access the CUCM admin anyways.

But try using this to login into yout RTMT and also crossverify if you can access the CUCM admin with the above credentials.

I am not sure about this, but just give a try.

Hope it helps,

Anand

Hi Alex,

CUCM User is unable to Access the RTMT

After creating a new user in Cisco Unified Communications Manager, you cannot make this user access the RTMT.

Solution

In order to resolve this issue, complete these steps:

1. Find the group Standard Packet Sniffer Users and click Add Users to Group.

2. Add the specific end user who should access the RTMT to this group. Click Save.

Reference :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080a5d2c9.shtml

Hope it helps,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Hi Anand,

Thanks for the suggestion, however Standard Packet Sniffer Users group consist of the "Standard CCM Admin Users" roles which allow access to CUCM adminstration page too.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Regards,

Alex

Hi Anand,

If I remember correctly, the application credential during the CUCM installation is for CUCM administration login, which is also exist in the application user page, with full access.

Thanks.

Regards,

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: