cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT plugging in Windows 10 x64 cannot install

GERARDO GALVAN
Level 1
Level 1

I been trying to install RTMT in this new laptop and no matter what workaround I use the result is always the same:

Error: Could not create the java virtual machine.

Error: Afatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

The LT is running Windows 10 and 64bits. Do u guys know about any solution for this issue?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

This is Java itself having an issue with memory size. One option is to uninstall and re-install JRE, which I have done with success.

Someone once sent me instructions about setting a bigger (smaller?) "heap size" for Java. I'm not a programmer and don't know what the implications are of that. Here is a link to that set of instructions. YMMV....

Fix "could not create the java virtual machine" issue

Maren

Thank you for the info. Let me try the JRE uninstall/re-install option. I will keep u posted.

Thank you for the info, let me try to un-install and reinstall of JRE. Hope that can fix my issue.I will keep u posted

I followed this recommendation and it worked.  Use the 512 setting.  256 isn't enough and the cisco installer won't start.

https://www.ghacks.net/2014/05/22/fix-error-create-java-virtual-machine-windows/

Excellent! I'm glad it worked for you.

(If you want to be a pal, please mark my answer as Helpful!)

Maren

The heap size is the amount of memory allocated for the java application.  Having it to small will create problems so play with the value on a lab machine or in a lab.

Also the messages file on the system will sometimes give a indication of an issue with the heap.  You will see the application restart is quite common.

I just saw your post and thought i chip in my 2 cents about what you are not sure about.

Malcolm Marcy
Level 1
Level 1
I tried the "heap size" adjustment to windows first. That didn't solve the issue. Then I searched again and found this bug:
Support RTMT on Windows Server 2019 - CSCvt48771, which recommended installing Java version 8.201 and gave a link. Installed that, and poof, THAT fixed it for me. Able to install RTMT. So I can't tell if it was the combination or just the version. Good luck!

ShawnDSCYF
Level 1
Level 1

i was getting Flexeraax2$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load

Flexeraax2$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load
    at Flexeraax2.af(Unknown Source)
    at Flexeraax2.aa(Unknown Source)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.init(Unknown Source)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)
    at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)

My fix was to use this 

------------

To avoid this issue, add a system variable under Environment Variables:

Follow these steps:

From the Start menu, navigate t0

1. Control Panel
2. System and Security
3. System
4. Click Advanced system settings in the left pane.
5. In the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables
6. Under System Variables, click New
7. Add the following system variable:
JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS
8. Set the following value for the system variable:
"-Dos.name=Windows 7"

For Windows 2019 Use 
JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS= "-Dos.name=Windows Server 2016" make sure and include the quotation marks as they are written in the Parameters value).
9. Click OK

Note:

During TibcoActiveMQ bridge installation on Windows 2016, a popup about .NET Framework 3.5 appears. Click the Close button to close the popup to proceed with the installation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: