Helpful
Replies

Scenario on Cisco Gateway with E1

akram.root
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all,

I need your help please.

I have a  cucm 12.5 integrated with cisco gateway ISR on H.323 , in this gateway i have one card E1 .

My cstomer want to implement this scenario with one E1 , unscrewed in channels

1 -Channel 1 to 8 with a number  (05XXXXXXXX)

2 - Channel 9 to 10 with a another number  (05XXXXXXXX)

3- Channel 11 to 12 with a another number  (05XXXXXXXX)

4- Channel 13 to 14 with a another number  (05XXXXXXXX)

For a user want to use number on channel 1 to 8 for outgoing call , he must to take tha call by clicking before on the 6 

exemple : 605XXXXXXXX

For a  another user want to use number on channel 9 to 10 for outgoing call , he must to take tha call by clicking before on the 7

exemple : 705XXXXXXXX

For a  another user want to use number on channel 11 to 12 for outgoing call , he must to take tha call by clicking before on the 8

exemple : 805XXXXXXXX

For a  another user want to use number on channel 13 to 14 for outgoing call , he must to take tha call by clicking before on the 9

exemple : 905XXXXXXXX

Could you confirm to me is that possible ?

Best regards 

16 Replies 16

This requirement make sense with analogue lines using FXO. And we use this concept reserving some port for some users and other ports for another users.

But with e1, all you DID is mapped with your  subscribed channels. AFAIK it’s not possible to select the channels as your client request.

Response Signature

Thank you Nithin for your reply and your always help and collaboration .

For more clarification for example  , a user want to make a call with line 1 he must take the cal with number 6 (605XXXXXXXX)

and when he want to make a call with line 2 he must take it with 7 (705XXXXXXXX) , and when he want to mae a call with line 3 he must take it with 8 (805XXXXXXXX) , and finnaly when he want to make a call with line 4 , he must take it with number 9 (905XXXXXXXX)

So that is not possible ?

Best regards 

Your requirements is clear, but as @Nithin Eluvathingal already answered it’s not possible to do this.

What is your customers reason for wanting to do this?

Response Signature

Thank you for your reply , my costomer want this scenario for replacing the 4 BRI ( each BRI have a line) to one access E1 .

because the costomer have a problem with those 4 BRI .

Best regards 

To be clear you can absolutely configure different access codes for the different directory numbers that you might have on a device. It’s just a matter of using the line calling search space instead of the device calling search space for these call scenarios.

However AFAIK you can not absolutely control what channel that the call uses.

Response Signature

If i implement this scenario on my gateway that will be work ?

router(config)#trunk-group line1_with_6
router(config)#trunk-group line2_with_7
router(config)#trunk-group line3_with_8
router(config)#trunk-group line4_with_9

controller E1 0/1/0
pri-group timeslots 1-31
trunk-group line1_with_6 timeslots 1-8
trunk-group line2_with_7 timeslots 9-10
trunk-group line3_with_8 timeslots 11-12
trunk-group line4_with_9 timeslots 13-14

dial-peer voice 1 pots
description Use for line1_with_6
trunk-group line1_with_6
destination-pattern 60[567]........$
progress_ind setup enable 3
progress_ind alert enable 8
direct-inward-dial
port 0/1/0:15
prefix 0

dial-peer voice 2 pots
description Use for line1_with_7
trunk-group line1_with_7
destination-pattern 70[567]........$
direct-inward-dial
prefix 0

dial-peer voice 3 pots
description trunk-group line1_with_8
trunk-group line1_with_8
destination-pattern 80[567]........$
direct-inward-dial
prefix 0

dial-peer voice 4 pots
description trunk-group line1_with_9
trunk-group line1_with_9
destination-pattern 90[567]........$
direct-inward-dial
prefix 0

I assume that should work, remove the port command from dial-peer and use only trunk-group. This is not a common scenario so not sure about the behaviour. Theoretically it should work. I have no access to test these commands on my lab now.Will try this tomorrow and will post the behaviour.  

It a  new information for me...

Response Signature

I don’t think that this would work as there is only one control channel and you can not share that across multiple trunk groups.

Response Signature

Also another benefit of using trunk groups is that it will reduce the number of outbound dial-peers I would have to create and I can directly control the hunting scheme as to which ISDN Channel or FXO port will be chosen first as well as the ability to dedicate some channels of ISDN circuit to particular dial-peers.

https://www.globalknowledge.com/ca-en/resources/resource-library/articles/trunk-groups-why-bother/

Response Signature

The referenced configuration is for FXO ports.

But for sure used correctly trunk group(s) can definitely lower the number of dial peers used. Just as server groups would do the same thing for SIP connections.

Response Signature

Your above configuration will work, remove the port0/1/0:15 from dial-peer. we can select the channels. Here is my test configuration and the result. Its a possible solution.

Router configuration which i tested.

trunkgroup 1

trunkgroup 2

controller E1 0/1/0
clock source line primary
pri-group timeslots 1-10,16
trunk-group 1 timeslots 4-5

trunk-group 2 timeslots 7-8

dial-peer voice 10 pots
trunkgroup 1
destination-pattern 3........
dial-peer voice 20 pots
trunkgroup 2
destination-pattern 4........

When making calls using 3, call is send through channel 4.

Capture.PNG

When making calls using 4, call is send through channel 7.

11111.png

But, i don't see  this as a useful feature for the customer. 

Response Signature

Absolutely interesting, did not even think about that the pri-group and trunk-group are two different configuration elements altogether. I stand corrected about the control channel as that’s defined on the pri-group.

One thing observed, if the shared configuration is indeed the entire thing you have there is only one trunk group defined and to truly know for sure that it would work you should configure multiple trunk groups under the same controller. Otherwise your not testing the entire thing.

About remove of port from dial peers, it’s not actually possible to have both configured at the same time on a dial peer AFAIK.

Response Signature

Only one way to find out for sure, put in the configuration in a gateway and test.

Response Signature

Try to get to the customers core requirement. Is it REALLY to bind them to specific channels (which I find unlikely), or is it more about limiting user groups consumption of talk paths? If it is the latter, the admission control method I suggested is WAY EASIER than any of the trunk group suggestions. I am not saying those won't work. I am sure they will, but easier is better in most cases if it meets the need.