cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Searching the Directory in CUPC

ScubaDuba26
Level 1
Level 1

I have CUPC client 8.6.3 and server 8.5.1.10000-35.

I have CUCM 7.1.3.30000-1.

We have about 100 users, and over 7000 contacts in our AD.     

When a user tries to search the directory from within CUPC client, they receive limited results. For example there are over 100 'Smith's in the directory (a couple of user accounts and the rest contacts).  When you do a search on "Smith", the client returns *maybe* 2 results...random Smiths.  Also...if there are two William Smith and I search for William Smith, only one shows up.

Is there anyway to change the search to include more from the AD directory?

I have the search context setup to include the top level domain (DC=company,DC=org), and recursive search is checked under the LDAP config.

Please let me know.

Thanks!!!

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Are you sure all user are at the same OU? The best practice is to divide user by categories, departement and so on, so try to make a more especific level domain...

Regards

Please rate all useful posts 

The users are all in one OU. A search finds all users fine.

It's the contacts I have in AD that I am having trouble with. They are in a different OU and are AD Contacts, not AD Users. A search will return a 'random' contact, so if there are 8 Smiths, a random one will appear in each search...and not all 8 will appear...only one.

So far my TAC has not been resolved and the tech said it cannot be solved because I'm trying to search AD contacts, vs AD Users.

But surely this has been done before and fixed before.

Thanks.

Joshua Sandi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

you might be hitting defect CSCtr93920, as CUPC is not going to have further releases I would recommend you upgrading to  Jabber 9.1 and use EDI configuration.

That should solve this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: