Views
Helpful
Replies

Self Enrollment issue

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

Folks,

I'm suddenly fielding complaints that when new users self enroll for voice mail, everything works fine... until the next time they log in to VM and then gets asked to enroll again. I can manually uncheck the Self Enrollment box and that works fine, but I'm at a loss to explain the reason for this. This is a cluster set of Unity Connection servers.

Any ideas of where to start looking?

12 Replies 12

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gareth,

Can you please provide the CUC version you are running?

Cheers!

Rob

Ooops! CUC is version 8.5.1.10000-206  (CUCM is also 8.5)

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gareth,

Sounded like a weird enough problem to be a bug but I don't

see any that match this exactly. Can you duplicate this problem?

If, so do you get ALL the way through the enrollment on the first

try or maybe only part way through?

It almost sounds like it might be some sort of replication issue. The next time

it happens go to the web admin on both the Pub and Sub and see if the First

Time Enrollment status is the same on both boxes.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

I can replicate the issue with a newly created mailbox with no change to the status on either site... but the enrollment does not ask for a PIN change.

I thought at first that my feeble attempts to do some intrasite networking had screwed the db replication, but I've removed all links and restarted the server and still have the same issues.

Thanks for taking the time to reply... much appreciated!

Gareth

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gareth,

Do you think you might be seeing this behavior??

Require Users to

Record Names at

Enrollment

By default, Cisco Unity Connection prompts users to record a name during first-time enrollment, but

it does not prevent them from completing the enrollment process if they do not. When listing a user in the corporate directory, Connection will play the display name of the user by using Text to Speech when the user does not have a recorded name. If you prefer to have all names played in the user voices, you may want to change how Connection handles first-time enrollment.

Check this check box if you want to force users to record a name. When this check box is checked, users who do not record a name during first-time enrollment are not enrolled as Connection users and cannot access their messages. They hear the first-time enrollment conversation each time that they sign in to Connection until they successfully enroll.

Note This setting affects all users who are associated with the Connection server, regardless of their conversation style.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/gui_reference/guide/8xcucgrg110.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Just made sure that this is unchecked on both pub and sub. I might go ahead and chek it, apply it, then uncheck it again and see if that helps.

Gareth

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

Rob,

Tried doing enrollment with the require name box both checked and unchecked with no luck. Weird stuff.

Gareth

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gareth,

I would recommend opening a TAC case here, which you can do right from

this thread

It seems like there may be some deeper underlying issue going on here.

Cheers!

Rob

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

I'll probably open one early next week.... disasters and urgent requests for non urgent matters permitting. I'll repost here any solution I get.

Gareth

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Gareth,

Loved this;

"disasters and urgent requests for non urgent matters permitting."

Too true my friend +5

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks, Rob!

TAC has resolved this issue.... by getting me to restart both servers in the cluster (Pub first.... wait for it to reboot, the sub).

Turns out there was a replication glitch between the servers.

Gareth

Hey Gareth,

Thanks for so kindly posting back with your results (+5). This will likely

help someone else down the road

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: