cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service module for CUE

ev1205
Level 2
Level 2

I have a Cisco 2911 Version 15.3(3)M3 with proper IOS and DSP for voice services, this router provides SRST services for a remote site in my CUCM ver 10.5.1 Ip telephony platform.

I need to configure AutoAttendant services with Cisco Unity Express on this router, but as I understand I need an Internal Service Module ( ISM) Service Ready Engine for configuring CUE on this router.

When I run "sh ip int brief" or " sh diag" commands I dont see anything about ISM, only about "Embedded-Service-Engine".......

sh ip int brief output:
Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol
Embedded-Service-Engine0/0 unassigned      YES NVRAM  administratively down down

sh diag output:

Embedded Service Engine 0/0 :
  Total platform memory : 2621440K bytes
  Total 2nd core memory : 0K bytes
  Start of physical address for 2nd core : 0x80000000
  Virtual address start of 2nd core memory : 0x0 - 0x0
  2nd core configured disabled
  L2 cache ways for 2nd core : 0

As I read this is an additional core to run applications, but I am not sure if I can configure CUE and set up AutoAttendant there.

Could you please confirm:

a) If I need a proper Internal Service Module ( ISM) to configure CUE and set up AutoAttendant.

b) Or on another hand  ..CAN I use this Embedded Service Engine to configure CUE??

Thanks in advanced for you help

Enrique Villasana

4 Replies 4

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

You need the CUE module to do CUE period.  A voice gateway won't run CUE without the hardware required.

The SRE's are the 'new' CUE modules. Enrique, you can install CUE 8.6.9+ on the SRE-7/9xx series. You don't need the ISM module.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/compatibility/cuecomp.html

Hi to everyone !!!

Thanks a lot for your interest!!

I have confirmed that customer did not buy ISM card for IVR/AA function on remote routers, they got: FL-VXML-1    VoiceXML Feature License For 1 Session .

I have never worked with Cisco Voice XML feature, so I would like to ask If any of you know any tutorial or recommendable configuration guide to implement IVR /AutoAttendant with this feature.

I am searching for it right now.

Thanks in advanced

Enrique

Rejohn Cuares
Level 4
Level 4

Could you please run this command "show inv" and post the output here. This confirms if you have the ISM SRE.

Sample output:

CME#sh inv

NAME: "Internal Services Module with Services Ready Engine on Slot 0", DESCR: "I                         nternal Services Module with Services Ready Engine"
PID: ISM-SRE-300-K9    , VID: V01 , SN: XXXXXXXXX

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: