cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFTP Problems with Unity Connection

bskemme
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running into the issue that Unity Connection will not backup using freeFTPd as the backup server with files over 1 GB (my mailstore is just over at 1.2 GB).  I've tried setting up one of the recommended servers, Openssh and cygwin, but my problem is that I can't find any documentation on how to setup these servers to allow storage to a remote filesystem.  I can get them to work on the local storage, but due to our company backup strategy I need to have these go to a remote server.  I would rather do the backups directly to this storage instead of setting up a job to copy later.  Has anyone successfully implemented openssh, cygwin, or copssh to drop into a remote fileshare?

3 Replies 3

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Did you find the solution yet? I have been trying to do the same but little success.. yet

will keep you posted, if  I find the solution :-)

Not yet...right now I am just copying the files over to the remote server via a secondary scheduled task.  Not what I want, but it is all I can do without purchasing the Titan FTP product Cisco recommends.

jerrybaker1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the exact same issue. Trying to learn Cygwin right now.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: