cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared Directory Number Call History

jarod.alley
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure if there is another thread this, nothing I have searched for matches what I'm seeing. We're running CUCM Version 11.5.1.12900-21 with 8841's and 8851's in our environment running firmware version sip88xx.12-0-1SR1-1. 

As is the case in most envirnments we have administrative assistants that have other users Directory Numbers on their phones so they can answer their calls for them. However, when an assistant answers their line the person can not see that call show up in their call history. Is this expected behavior? I can't see it being so as even if another party answers the call it should still show up in the Called Parties history.Does anyone have any insight into how we can accomplish this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jarod.alley
Level 1
Level 1

In case anyone else runs into this issue a solution was given by another community member...

Look for 'Record Call Logs from Shared Line' on the 8851 phone. I was able to get the call logs show after enabling this option under Product Specific Configuration Layout.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So, don't you get a missed call notification on the shred line that didn't answer the call?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

When the assistant picks up the line the original called party does not see that number show up in their history at all. Not as a missed/placed/answered call.

Why is Cisco avoiding this topic? Can't get a single person to address this. 

jarod.alley
Level 1
Level 1

In case anyone else runs into this issue a solution was given by another community member...

Look for 'Record Call Logs from Shared Line' on the 8851 phone. I was able to get the call logs show after enabling this option under Product Specific Configuration Layout.

We have the Record Call Log for Shared Lines enabled but still not capturing the information for the shared lines on the phone. Any ideas? Thanks!

i have same issue

i enabled that setting on all the phones with the shared line and it does not show

note: only the missed calls show if nobody answers.

if person A answers the call, then person B goes to the call history it does not show 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: