cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Extension Received Error Message When Using IVR to Reach

CMUnityMgr
Level 1
Level 1

I apologize in advance, but I am new to both Unity Connection Administration and Unified Communications and have not been able to solve an issue occurring on one extension. The extension is reachable when direct dialing it internally, and if the full number is dialed externally. When the IVR is used, it attempts to transfer to the extension and give the error below:

"You must first dial a 1 or 0 plus the area code when calling this number"

I have been reading through old forum posts and trying to reference Cisco documentation but have not found the cause of the issue as of now. Every other extension I have tried works normally through the IVR except for this one. I have looked into setting in both the Unity Connection Admin and Unified CM Console. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thank you to anyone that can help. I am including the versions of the software below as well if necessary.

Unity Connection Ver: 12.5.1.11900-57

Unified CM Ver: 12.5.1.11900-146

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Based on what I understood, you are not Abe to call an extension through CUC auto attend. Check the Unity restriction table. May be transfer to this pattern will  be blocked. 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Based on what I understood, you are not Abe to call an extension through CUC auto attend. Check the Unity restriction table. May be transfer to this pattern will  be blocked. 

Response Signature

Thank you for the information. I am looking at the restriction table in Unity, but I do not see any pattern that should prevent dialing that specific extension. It is also possible to dial similar extensions without issue through the AA, so I am not sure if I am missing anything related to that.

ie. I can dial 950 just fine through the AA, but when I try to dial 955 it give the error from the initial post. Wouldn't a restriction pattern stop both of those extensions from working?

"You must first dial a 1 or 0 plus the area code when calling this number" 

As JAVA mentioned, never heard such a message from CUC or CUCM.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you trying to use the IVR to send a call out to the PSTN?

That doesn't sound like anything CUCM or CUC would tell you, but something your telco would tell you because they expect you to dial a certain way in your area.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: