cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Number Reach, Hunt Group or What?

tscislaw
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM v 8.6.2

Phones are CP-6921

We will have an employee that will have an office at two different remote locations and be bouncing between the two on an irregular basis. We won't need to reach her on her cell. We'd like to have one extension to reach her and have her be able to access her voicemail from either location.

I'm new to this and know enough to be dangerous. What would be the best way to do this? Can we set this up as a SNR or hunt group or what?

Thanks.

Tony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

srichardson
Level 4
Level 4

Hello there.

You should just be able to set this user up with a shared line appearance.  Basically, you have two phones, one in location A and one in location B.  The phone device will be configured as appropriate for the physical location.  Configure the same directory number/partition on each of the two devices.  It will ring both phones simultaneously.  One voice mailbox is all you need, then in this case.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

kkhanis
Level 4
Level 4

If extension mobility is out of question, SNR with the second extension as alternate extensions on unity connection should work.

srichardson
Level 4
Level 4

Hello there.

You should just be able to set this user up with a shared line appearance.  Basically, you have two phones, one in location A and one in location B.  The phone device will be configured as appropriate for the physical location.  Configure the same directory number/partition on each of the two devices.  It will ring both phones simultaneously.  One voice mailbox is all you need, then in this case.

Thanks Stephanie, that's a simple solution. I didn't even think of that. I was thinking it would be more complicated.

I marked this as correct but I really won't know for a week or so until the two offices get provisioned.

Thanks again.

Tony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: