Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Incoming/Outgoing Fax Not Working

Mustain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Good People,

Please help me to solve my problem. I have a CUBE that works fine for Voice traffic, and now I'm configuring the T38 protocol to enable the fax service. The problem is FAX can only send/receive faxes if the others are running on SIP too. But if a different side is running on E1, the fax will not work.

I've gathered the debug output from CUBE, but still don't understand what's going on.

The call flow is: ITSP <--> SIP <--> CUBE <--> CUCM <--> MGCP <--> VG224 <--> FAX Machines.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mustain
Level 1
Level 1

The problem was solved. I tried to uncheck the MTP option on the CUCM SIP Trunk. And some things have been adjusted on the ITSP side such as Codecs, etc.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

BalajiSivaraj49175
Spotlight
Spotlight

SIP message may instruct that following threshold in the configuration

Capture21.JPG

Hi @BalajiSivaraj49175 

Thank you for your comment, would you like to provide an appropriate reference for your comment?

BalajiSivaraj49175
Spotlight
Spotlight

rules for message communication and sampling for channel information.

T.38 - Delay<1000ms, Jitter<300ms, Packet loss should be NONE unless T.38 with redundancy.
Passthrough - Delay<1000ms, Jitter<30ms, Packet loss should be NONE.
Protocol Based switchover - This is standard based.
NSE Based switchover - This is proprietary and works only between Cisco voice gateways.

BalajiSivaraj49175
Spotlight
Spotlight

Message communication between differant devices.Capture22.JPG

BalajiSivaraj49175
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can find the referance SIP communication message between the devices(FAX)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/session-initiation-protocol-sip/118647-technote-sip-00.html

BalajiSivaraj49175
Spotlight
Spotlight

Debug message useful referaance to capture SIP message troubleshoot issue

Debug Capture.JPG

BalajiSivaraj49175
Spotlight
Spotlight

This are different messages communicate between the devises.

Capture23.JPG

BalajiSivaraj49175
Spotlight
Spotlight

GW and CUCM message communication frequency message communication when debug this infoCapture25.JPG

I've tried this, but it still doesn't solve my problem

Mustain
Level 1
Level 1

The problem was solved. I tried to uncheck the MTP option on the CUCM SIP Trunk. And some things have been adjusted on the ITSP side such as Codecs, etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: