Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk with PRI Failover

Hi,

I'm planning to put a cisco callmanager together with a Cisco 2921 with CUBE and a SIP trunk used as primary voice trunk.

I'll then have an ISDN acting as back-up for the SIP trunk --> if SIP is not available, calls will be re routed on the ISDN.

Is it enough configuring a dial peer voip and a dial peer pots on the voice gateway (2921) with the same destination-pattern but one configured to use the SIP trunk and the other one to use the PRI access?

Or do i need some configuration on the UCM as well? I have a UCM 8.0

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

2 dial-peers with same destination pattern alongwith preference statements on both the dial-peers on the 2921 (H323 gateway) should be sufficient.

preference 0 on the SIP dialpeer and preference 1 on the POTS dialpeer. Do let me now how it goes.

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS: Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

2 dial-peers with same destination pattern alongwith preference statements on both the dial-peers on the 2921 (H323 gateway) should be sufficient.

preference 0 on the SIP dialpeer and preference 1 on the POTS dialpeer. Do let me now how it goes.

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS: Please rate helpful posts

Thanks for that.

A couple of questions:

1 - if the SIP hand off will be a RJ-45, where would it be connected? To a normal switchport of the 2921 would be fine? Or also to a switch that has connectivity to the 2921.

2 - The ISDN will have an E1 hand-off, which card do you suggest to be plugged into the 2921? What s the difference between the HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI and the VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 ?

Thanks again.

Hi,

I was the guy writing as infrastructure group, any ideas on that thing? thanks.

1 - I think a port on the 2921 would be optimal - it would eliminate any switching quality issues and remove a potential point of failure.

2 - You want the VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 it is the voice card.  The other is for Data over ISDN