Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Software Manager satellite Enhanced Edition 6.01

bspalmer1
Level 1
Level 1

Bug ID: CSCvk32662

Satellite Enhanced Edition 6.0.0 ships with a setting that will deactivate Shell accounts that are inactive for 35 days. This is the recommended setting per SCAP/DISA (SRG-OS-000118 CCI-000795). This can pose a problem for customers who rely on Shell access to perform maintenance and system upgrades. This ticket does not de-activate Shell login after 35 days of inactivity so the user is not locked out

Is the shell account the CLI Admin account that gets created upon installation?  I don't seem to be able to get into the CLI of the server anymore and have gotten the licensing working/connected.  However there is no upgrade method for 6.0.0 within the GUI.  The only upgrade method is on the CLI which I might now be locked out of because of that bug id.  Cisco has locked the bug id down to not provide any additional information beyond what I posted.

Any thoughts/ideas?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: