Views
Helpful
Replies

SNR/Mobile connect and Extension Mobility

apanesar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a UC 8.5 deployment. Most of my users are Extension Mobility users and they also have SNR profiles configured for their mobiles.

When a user is logged into phone, incoming calls will ring on deskphone and mobile phone as exepected for SNR. The user is also able to exchange calls between mobile and deskphone without a problem.

However my problem is when the user is logged out from Ext Mobility. An incoming call does goto the mobile phone as expected, but if the user then logs into the deskphone whilst the mobile call is active, they cannot transfer the call to the deskphone.

Is this possible? If so, any ideas where I'm going wrong.

Thanks

Ami

2 Replies 2

Hi Ami,

This is expected. When logging in to EM there is no process that monitors the state of the line.

In the SRND of 8.x I read this

--------------------------------------

Another method for performing desk phone pickup is to use the mid-call session handoff feature. This mid-call feature is invoked by manually keying *74, the default enterprise feature access code for session handoff, which in turn generates a DTMF sequence back to Unified CM. When this feature is invoked, Unified CM sends a new call to the user's enterprise desk phone. Once this new call is flashing or ringing at the desk phone, the user then must answer the call to complete the session handoff.

The benefit of this desk phone pickup method over other methods (such as hanging up the call at the mobile phone or using the mid-call hold feature) is that the conversation between the user and the far-end phone is maintained throughout the handoff process. Once the *74 sequence has been keyed, the user can continue the conversation because the handoff call is sent to the user's desk phone. When the user answers the call at the desk phone, the call legs are shuffled so that the call leg to the far-end is connected to the new call leg created at the desk phone, thus resulting in an uninterrupted or near-instantaneous cut-through of the audio path. The original call leg at the mobile device is subsequently cleared.

----------------------------------

In this method there is a new call sent to your deskphone so it should work.

HTH,

Christos

Hi Christos,

I have just tried the *74 feature code, and this works nicely when the user is EM logged in on the phone.

But if the user is not EM logged in (so DN is unregistered), and they receive call on Mobile, and then EM login on deskphone whilst mobile call is active. I cannot bridge the call back to the deskphone, the *74 DTMF feature code has no affect.

Thanks

Ami