cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNR reach Caller ID issue on some Calls

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Currently have a 4331 configured w/ a SIP trunk from ITSP and a PRI connection to another phone system.  Internal calls and calls that originate from the ITSP work as expected for SNR.  Calls that come in over the PRI to the other phone system do ring the outbound user (and as far as I understand they're able to answer the calls w/ no issues) but the caller id on those calls comes up as Restricted rather than any number.  There is an extension overlap btwn the 2 systems so there is a prepend done on the remote system and I see the prepended number in the Diversion header when going through the initial call trace in CUCM.  The outbound call to the SNR device just contains the Display Info for the user calling if I pull the log from the VG.  The VG is configured w/ only a SIP trunk to CUCM, not as a H.323 gateway as well (though if i have to move to that I will). 

4 Replies 4

Prassha
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mum

Please describe the issue clearly with call flow  for "Currently have a 4331 configured w/ a SIP trunk from ITSP and a PRI connection to another phone system" which call flow has issue seems only with PRI but the VG you mentioned seems h323 configured.

How does both the gateways are forwarding call to each other?

If problem with PRI, it can be achieve using translation profile but first I need to understand the exact call flow and issue ?

Regards
Prassha3
Rate if you find this helpful

Rate if you find this helpful or Mark Solutions as Accepted

Thanks for the response.  So if we use ext 1234 as the called party for both calls

1.) Working call w/ SNR --> External call inbound --> ITSP --> 4331 --> Sip Trunk --> CUCM --> desk phone and SNR work w/ correct call id

2.) Calls that display "Restricted" --> Remote phone system --> PRI --> 4331 --> Sip Trunk --> CUCM --> desk phone and SNR ring, desk displays John Brown for Caller ID, cell displays Restricted

If you take a debug from the 4331 for the 2nd call, you see the call from "John Brown" calling out to the cell.  

Please collect CUCM Trace and deugs on CUBE for the same call.

I am suspecting PIA value issue but need to look into the trace file and debugs.

Provide call details.

Regards
Prassha3
Rate if you find this helpful

Rate if you find this helpful or Mark Solutions as Accepted

So pulling the call log information from the CUBE and the CUCM I see the original calling number in the cisco-rdn= field as well as the Redirect Number= field on the incoming call over the PRI on the CUBE debug.  I also have the extension listed correctly in the diversion header in the CUCM traces for the inbound call to CUCM.  On the outbound invite from the CUCM to the CUBE I have the calling party name listed in the From:, the Remote-Party-ID:, and the P-Asserted-Identity field, but no number is listed (they just have sip:172.25.100.100).