cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software DSP

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all experts. This question may be broad but since i have heard this term i thought i should know it as i progress in my voice studies.

What are software DSPs ? i know about HW DSPs like PVDM (2nd generation etc), but do we have software DSP in

1) Router like 2800, 2600 etc

2) CUCM (any version)

Can someone pls refer me a document that explain software DSPs in detail ? or any cisco press ebook ?

thanks alot in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There really are no SW DSPs, what you can do using SW and not HW DSPs is to create a SW MTP using IOS resources and in CUCM you get MTPs (with limited capabilities) and the SW CFB (again, limited capabilities). Unity can do some XCODING and use G729 but it's recommended you do this in HW because takes a lot from the CPU and resources from the server.

For CUCM the maximum values for each are already defined and cannot be increased unless you have a standalone server.

For IOS there are baseline values but they depend on what the ISR is already doing and how much load it has to know the real maximum you can set at any given point in time.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There really are no SW DSPs, what you can do using SW and not HW DSPs is to create a SW MTP using IOS resources and in CUCM you get MTPs (with limited capabilities) and the SW CFB (again, limited capabilities). Unity can do some XCODING and use G729 but it's recommended you do this in HW because takes a lot from the CPU and resources from the server.

For CUCM the maximum values for each are already defined and cannot be increased unless you have a standalone server.

For IOS there are baseline values but they depend on what the ISR is already doing and how much load it has to know the real maximum you can set at any given point in time.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate