cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software updates

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

I'm going to rant a bit. Everytime I go to download an update for my Cisco UC environment it never fails that I run into an issue with being able to download or license my application. "Additional Entitlement Required" is usually the message I receive and I have to send screenshots, urls, file names, and other info that goes on for days and then I can finally download. While I'm a customer, and that may be the problem instead of a partner, I expect I should be able to download the stuff I have the rights to without hassle. I've dealt with a lot of other vendors and I have to say Cisco is one of the worst when it comes to this. All I can say is it's good they have a solid product.

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Software download access is granted per-product category if your CCO account has a support contract associated for the products in that category. In other words, your account needs to depict active/current support. In the Collaboration realm this used to be called ESW but is now either SWSS or included in your Flex subscription. Those contract number(s) need to be listed in your profile under access management.

https://rpfa.cloudapps.cisco.com/rpfa/profile/edit_entitlement.do?Tab=3&locale=en_US

Hi Jonathan,

Cisco tells me that my contract is good and this is what I have under my login for one of the products I have issues with.

UCM-10X-UWLSTD ECMU
SWSS

I have used PUT to upgrade successfully to version 11 and now version 12. I'm not sure why the above shows 10x unless that's when I renewed my contract which is valid until 2020.

If you've carried out a major version upgrade it would be advisable to get the products in the SWSS contract converted to match the version actually installed.  Not doing so could cause problems at renewal, for example if the product on contract has gone EOL.  

Thanks Tony. Yeah, I just found out that when I upgrade via PUT it doesn't automatically upgrade my contract version. I have sent an email to customer support so hopefully they will get everything showing correct. Maybe after that I will show contract entitlement on my user-id. Cisco sent me direct links to download the products and they sent a ticket to software support to see why its not showing up on my end. If the issue is related to my contract not auto-upgrading, then at least I will know in the future how to handle this.

MichaelOsland
Level 4
Level 4

I have had the same issue.  I'm able to download the previous release just fine, but when I want to get the latest, I'll get the same message.  Then the whole jumping thru hoops to get it working again with Cisco begins.