cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speechview setup in version 12.5 - License not recognized

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Has anyone seen this?  The license is loaded and visible when you look, but Speechview apparently doesn't believe it.

Capture.JPG

You can see the license is in fact there:

Capture2.JPG  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

So, here's the final answer:

1.  Did a full cluster reboot

2. On the Speechview configuration page, there is a Get License Data button.  This was not present in previous versions.  I hadn't noticed it before the reboot because it was grayed out.

3. The complaint about the license data not being present was still there, but after pushing the Get License Data button, the warning went away.

4. At this point, it could successfully send a registration message.

I'm not sure why this button was added, and it looks like a work around for some sort of self induced bug.   IMHO, if we have to "get license data", the other buttons other than the get license data button should be disabled. 

Regardless,  a cluster reboot got the button enabled where it could be pushed, and the issue is resolved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Exchange are you using?

And by any chance does the Exchange server adds a disclaimer to your emails? if so, that's most likely the culprit. The emails must not be modified in any way for this to work.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

It's office 365, but we aren't even getting to that point.  We can't even get it to send the registration e mail (looking in the SMTP logs...it isn't going).  

The licenses are there, but the system thinks they aren't.  I'm wondering if this is a 12.5 bug of some sort.

UC - SpeechView configuration with office365 solution instead of using Smart Host
CSCup85628

Adding a disclaimer to the emails would get you the exact same error you're getting, despite licenses being there, and if you see above you need an on-prem Exchange for this to work.
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

That answer makes no sense at all Jayme.  The message about missing licenses is appearing before we even attempt to send a registration message.  How could O365 cause that?

And while O365 may have a hand in things, I would expect we would still see the SMTP process attempt to open the connection and do the SMTP handshake.  That isn't happening.  

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

So, here's the final answer:

1.  Did a full cluster reboot

2. On the Speechview configuration page, there is a Get License Data button.  This was not present in previous versions.  I hadn't noticed it before the reboot because it was grayed out.

3. The complaint about the license data not being present was still there, but after pushing the Get License Data button, the warning went away.

4. At this point, it could successfully send a registration message.

I'm not sure why this button was added, and it looks like a work around for some sort of self induced bug.   IMHO, if we have to "get license data", the other buttons other than the get license data button should be disabled. 

Regardless,  a cluster reboot got the button enabled where it could be pushed, and the issue is resolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: