Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SQL for Phone Creation

Hello all,

I am new to SQL in general and to SQL on Call Manager. I have managed to use SQL Queries to run various reports

for example show DNs with CFA enabled.

run sql
SELECT CallForwardDynamic.cfadestination , numplan.dnorpattern
from CallForwardDynamic, numplan
where CallForwardDynamic.fknumplan = numplan.pkid and CallForwardDynamic.cfadestination!='' and CallForwardDynamic.cfadestination is not NULL

or change database values

run sql update enduser set userid='1000' where userid = 'theo'

I was wondering is there is way to insert phones.

At the moment, I am using the Bulk Administration Tool, where I have specified a Phone Template. So when I want to create new Phones, I have to upload a new CVS file and then create a Job Schedule.

Can I use SQL to do the same thing?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I rarely pitch a 3rd-party product but if you really want to script/automate provisioning off-box I suggest a tool such as Akkadian PME. Writing to the CUCM database is complicated, risky, and not supported unless you have a developer support contract with Cisco. The /ccmadmin GUI has extensive input validation that is not present at the database of AXL level. Pay for someone else to figure out all of that for you. Akkadian’s product has a RESTful northbound API for you to trigger provisioning jobs with.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to use AXL if you want that, or any of the GUI options from CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I rarely pitch a 3rd-party product but if you really want to script/automate provisioning off-box I suggest a tool such as Akkadian PME. Writing to the CUCM database is complicated, risky, and not supported unless you have a developer support contract with Cisco. The /ccmadmin GUI has extensive input validation that is not present at the database of AXL level. Pay for someone else to figure out all of that for you. Akkadian’s product has a RESTful northbound API for you to trigger provisioning jobs with.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I concur with my colleagues (+5) here on not using SQL directly and if you have some development experience using AXL SOAP API instead, there are many example out there on the web on how to do that with different programming languages i.e. Python.  SOAP API is not as simple as REST APIs, but Cisco does have decent documentation for it if you are willing to go that route.  I also agree on Akkadian which is superior to Cisco collaboration Provisioning product.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: