Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST and two different ISDN providers

Umme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are doing a migration from one vendor to another and I have got a scenario/situation here,

1. When WAN link is working fine our incoming/outgoing calls are managed by our vendor's managed CUCM & central breakout devices. However, they cannot provide ISDN links to the premises.

2. So, in case of a WAN failure we have got a situation where we have to order ISDN lines from a different provider.

Now the problem is during SRST mode users will have different numbers which I think is not an ideal thing to have. SRST should be a seamless process for the users. However, we do not have any choices at the moment. To avoid confusing our users I was thinking of digit manipulation on the ISDN gateway level and at the same time CfwUnregistered from the CUCM to the new sets of numbers. I didn't lab it yet and not sure if this will work.

Did anyone come across this unique situation before? If so can you please share your ideas and thoughts.

Not too sure if I could clearly state what I am after.

Rgds,

Umme

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can definitely do that, use translation-rules or dialplan-pattern under SRST to modify the numbers, ideally they are somewhat related so that you can use few rules, otherwise if you need one to one translation you might also look at num-exp setting.

Forward unregistered will work just fine when you point it to the "secondary" DID riding on the local PRI.

Thanks Chris. I will give it a go once I have everything in hand and see how it goes. Just remembered another thing that our users can modify the CFwUnregistered field from the self-care portal. Need to look at how I can disable that particular field from the portal.

Thanks once again for your input :)

Rgds,

Umme

You can control it to some extend via enterprise parameter where users are able to only set their call forward all for example which I set on by default on all deployments.

Thanks Chris. I will try that option and see how it goes. I can lab only few things at the moment and not all so I need to wait for the approval to test anything on the production.

I will keep this thread updated. 

Rgds,

Umme

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: