Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST in H323 and H323 Fallback

abddandashi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

Is it possible to have a branch with H323 Voice Gateway and H323 fallback, i just do not like MGCP, in other words instead of having an MGCP VGW with H323 fallback, i need an H323 VGW with H323 fallback.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is correct. If the branch office works with CUCM correctly in H323 mode… this typically means all your dial peers are correct for SRST (IE 9T for outbound, and voice translations setup for inbound digit strip and or prepending). You will need to configure call-manager fallback for SRST parameters. (as you would for MGCP)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, simply add in the SRST commands on the gateway and in CUCM just as you would for MGCP.  IN h323, you have to create all the dial peers anyone.  SRST is basically H323.  MGCP is only used when talking with CUCM.   

Tommer,

Thank you for your feedback, so i can have an H323 VGW at branch, configure SRST on CUCM, register the IP Phones to the CUCM and upon WAN failure the IP Phones will fallback to the H323 VGW.

I will configure a SIP trunk between the H323 VGW and the CUCM to make calls though the WAN.

Regards,

That is correct. If the branch office works with CUCM correctly in H323 mode… this typically means all your dial peers are correct for SRST (IE 9T for outbound, and voice translations setup for inbound digit strip and or prepending). You will need to configure call-manager fallback for SRST parameters. (as you would for MGCP)

Tommer,

Thank  you for your feedback, now i have the guts to tell you E.A.G.L.E.S 

Regards,