Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST Local Calls

abddandashi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

Is it possible to make local call from an SRST branch while it is registered to the CUCM, in other words their is no link failure, the SRST is registered as MGCP to the CUCM, and all IP Phones are registered to the CUCM, i need to have emergency & local numbers to be dialed from the branch FXO while the rest of the calls to be dialed from the Head Office Voice Gateway.

The VGW will function as an MGCP gateway and it will fallback to H323 upon failure.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I will try and take a stab at this… it sounds like you simply need to have Route Patterns/Route Lists/Route Groups in place to send calls in the direction you want them to go. Calls within the Cluster can be routed through PT/CSS to/from each other. Calls between phones and gateways use Route Patterns for outbound. When the router is NOT in SRST mode, the calls are routed to the phones via CUCM based upon how you have the router configured.. IE MGCP or H323.

Is this not happening?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its not the router that fails to connect to CUCM, it is the IP phones.  If the phones SCCP heartbeats fall beneath a certain threshold, they will then fallback to the next CUCM server or SRST router.  If the phones are registered to SRST router, they will only respond to the SRST router.  If another office calls to the SRST office through the WAN, CUCM is reporting the phone is unregistered.  There is no way this could work in your scenario.   The phone is either homed to cucm or the SRST router depending on what the phones state is... not the gateway

hope this helps     

Tommer,

Thank you for your feedback, it seems that my post was not clear, please let me rephrase my question.

I need the IP Phones when registered with the CUCM at the branch to recieve calls from the branch PSTN as well from the WAN; also some of the outbound calls from the branch, like 911, and local calls to the branch should be done thought the branch PSTN not the WAN, again when the IP Phones are registered to the CUCM.

Simply when the IP Phones are registered to the CUCM some of the outbound callls from the branch will go though the WAN to HO and others will go trough the branch local PSTN.

And when the IP phones are registered to the CUCM, the incoming calls on the branch PSTN should be sent to the .HO AA.

Head office is running CUCM  and branch office i running SRST.

Regards,

I will try and take a stab at this… it sounds like you simply need to have Route Patterns/Route Lists/Route Groups in place to send calls in the direction you want them to go. Calls within the Cluster can be routed through PT/CSS to/from each other. Calls between phones and gateways use Route Patterns for outbound. When the router is NOT in SRST mode, the calls are routed to the phones via CUCM based upon how you have the router configured.. IE MGCP or H323.

Is this not happening?

Tommer,

I am about to find out in couple of days.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: