cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST Manager with CUBE router running E-SRST

JoelJoseph
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we have recently purchased some Cisco 4331 voice routers.These voice routers are configured to work as SIP CUBE and I am trying to get 'SRST Manager' working with them.However I am getting an error while SRST manager try to provision site.   I have logged a call with our support company but they are saying CUBE with E-SRST is not supported to work with SRST Manager ?. 

I have came across with below bug but our SRST Manager version is 11.0.0 so I assume it is not relevant to us. 

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuu00777

attached is a log file with the error detail on it.

Would someone offer any assistance on this please? thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
CUBE and SRST-anything are not supported co-resident on ISR 4K at this time. Ask your Cisco AM/SE for any future-looking details if/when that will change; I can’t speak to that here.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
CUBE and SRST-anything are not supported co-resident on ISR 4K at this time. Ask your Cisco AM/SE for any future-looking details if/when that will change; I can’t speak to that here.

To keep everyone updated, CUBE and SIP SRST are now supported co-resident on the same ISR 4000 series router beginning with IOS XE 16.7.1. The key feature that allowed this to happen is SIP multi-tenanancy, allowing the line- and trunk-side SIP feature sets to coexist without stepping on one another. Additional detail is provided in the CUBE Configuration Guide Supported Platforms chapter and SRST System Administrator Guide Configuring SIP Trunking on Unified SRST chapter.

In my opinion, we're unlikely to see SCCP co-residency added in the future. My impression is that Cisco has consolidated all future development effort on SIP, likely as a pragmatic realization that they can't keep up by keeping all of the "legacy" protocols afloat. Again, that's only my opinion.

Hi Jonathan, thanks for the update. I have upgraded our ISR 4000 to "isr4300-universalk9.16.07.01.SPA.bin". 

However I am getting  "Failure During device discovery'error. Please see the attached log.

kind regards

JJ

sorry my previous 'Failure during device discovery' was due to i missed the http authentication configuration for this new router. SRST manager can login to the router now. However I am getting a new error - "Failure during write of flash to running config".

Please see the log:-
6184 02/13 13:24:07.342 srsx srst-engine "error" com.cisco.umg.rai.RouterAccessException: Failure during write of flash to running config
at com.cisco.umg.rai.RouterAccessInterface.writeFlashToRunning(RouterAccessInterface.java:1344)
at com.cisco.umg.srsx.engine.srst.SrstProvisioningEngine.doGlobalProvisioning(SrstProvisioningEngine.java:454)
at com.cisco.umg.srsx.engine.ctrlr.SiteProvisioningTask.doSrstProvisioningPhase1(SiteProvisioningTask.java:375)
at com.cisco.umg.srsx.engine.ctrlr.SiteProvisioningTask.doSrstProvisioning(SiteProvisioningTask.java:319)
at com.cisco.umg.srsx.engine.ctrlr.SiteProvisioningTask.provision(SiteProvisioningTask.java:416)
at com.cisco.umg.srsx.engine.ctrlr.SiteManager.provisionSite(SiteManager.java:443)
at com.cisco.umg.srsx.engine.ctrlr.SiteManager.executeProvisioning(SiteManager.java:1133)
at com.cisco.umg.srsx.engine.ctrlr.Controller$SiteProvisioningTaskEntry.run(Controller.java:262)
at com.cisco.umg.srsx.engine.task.TaskBootstrap.runTasks(TaskBootstrap.java:152)
at com.cisco.umg.srsx.engine.dispatch.Dispatcher.dispatchTask(Dispatcher.java:163)
at com.cisco.umg.srsx.engine.task.TaskBootstrap.call(TaskBootstrap.java:114)
at com.cisco.umg.srsx.engine.task.TaskBootstrap.call(TaskBootstrap.java:26)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Is there enough memory on the flash ? Or is there a flash on the SRST router ?

Hi Nipun, yes there is enough space in the flash

3149967360 bytes total (1391255552 bytes free)
Thank you.
JJ

What is the CUSM version ?

Hi Nipun, it is 10.5

Regards
JJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: