cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Standard Greeting disabled in CUC v11.5

Robert Rhodes
Level 1
Level 1

A user appears to have done the impossible - disable their standard greeting - through the TUI. This is not a case of the user enabling the alternate greeting. Viewing the user account in the admin UI, the standard greeting is unchecked in the greetings list and shows as disabled in the greeting status. The user had changed her standard greeting but was clearly distracted or confused and kept entering digits. She also managed to enter another user's mailbox (similar DN and default password) and change that greeting, so we know she wasn't exactly paying attention to what she was doing. Callers could still leave messages, and entering her mailbox through the TUI still indicates that the standard greeting is active. I've already created a new account for the user, but would like to figure out how this happened in case it reoccurs.

CUC version is 11.5.1.12900-21.

3 Replies 3

Robert Rhodes
Level 1
Level 1

Same customer, 2nd case of standard greeting showing as disabled in admin UI.  Opening a TAC case.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robert,

I do see this bug with no fixed-in version;

Greeting gets disabled on silence timeout
CSCve31730

Thanks. I'm not sure that the end users followed the exact sequence indicated in the bug report but the end result is similar.

I was able to get the status back to enabled by changing the greeting under "Callers Hear" to nothing, saving, then changing it back to personal recording.

This may be a purely cosmetic issue in the admin UI. As I mentioned in the first post, the Standard greeting still appeared to be active in the TUI and there was no impact to callers leaving messages.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: